Tuesday, March 1, 2011

There is More to You!

One of the greatest struggles that we face is not the expectations or the opinions that others have about us, but even more so what we have for ourselves!

We focus most of our attention on the areas in our lives that "need work" ( finances, physical appearance, material possessions, etc) , which dont get me wrong is ok, nothing wrong with money, working out, having a car, house and all that stuff, but my point here is we fail to realize that why we may not be everything we want to be --- WE ARE SOMETHING! There is more to us than we even realize! WHAT - ME - NO WAY! Yes -- check this out-- we were made in the image, the likeness of Jesus Christ - thats a pretty awesome architect, I mean God who formed the heavens and the earth, God who created man from the dust of the ground---MADE US!

Psalm 139:14 (New Living Translation)
 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
      Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it


In other words there is MORE TO YOU than you give yourself credit for!

1 Peter 2:9
  But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

You see he made us just how he designed! Now look, peculiar doesnt mean you should be nuttier than a fruitcake! We are trying to show and share the love of Christ - not SCARE the Love of Christ. This scripture means - I should embrace the thing (s) inside me that make me ME! My talents, my abilities, my giftings, my personalities, my uniqueness is what draws people to who I am - then in turn I can draw them to the Love of Christ!

He said  in John 12: 32 And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself."

So today - You have something in you that makes you --YOU! Do you think people jsut followed Christ around because He was a great man - some did - but MOST who went from town to town to see Him - did so because of WHAT HE HAD that WAS DIFFERENT!

Realize that in you is greatness, in you is hope, in you is joy - and in you ....IS CHRIST!

BE YOU....THERE IS ALOT THERE..........."WHATEVER IT TAKES"