Friday, March 11, 2011

Opportunity Knocks...

1 Corinthians 16:9 (New Living Translation)

9 There is a wide-open door for a great work here, although many oppose me.

Life is about opportunities, options, chances, FAITH.  Many times I hear people say, I am just looking for an open door - looking for a chance. But in reality and in our relationship as a Christ Follower - opportunities are everywhere - everyday- and in every situation.

1 Corinthains 16:9 - lets us know that there are opportunitues - DOORS so to speak for us to open and wlk into some things...however, we seem to forget that when opportunity knocks---so will opposition. Many people miss the moment of great victorys, blessings, and more from Christ - because we focus more on the battle - then we do on the victory that WE ALREADY HAVE.

When we open a "door" there is always something on the other side. It may be exactly what we expected, exactly what we prayed for, exactly what we wanted. My thoughts today are this, regardless of what is on the other side of the door - I want to embrace it as an opportunity. Even if there are those who oppose me, those who dont celebrate me, those who dont really want to see me successful, I want to see every chance, every new door, to be an opportunity for me to grow, excel, and more than anything....LEARN.

Because really if we have to go through a door that turns out to be not what " WE WANTED", maybe we can start to see it for what HE WANTED. We cannot learn what we already know. Some doors are US - some doors are for OTHERS, but every door is an opportunity.

And when we knock at the door of opportunity - and HE swings it open for us.....HE must have a specific reason- a plan - and a future for leaving it open.

Revelation 3:8 (New Living Translation)

 8 “I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.

Today, let us not dwell on the doors that we have closed -- but on the ones HE HAS OPENED.

"WHATEVER IT TAKES"