Thursday, April 21, 2011

After the Eggs..

Here we are ...EASTER 2011! A time of many things: Bunnies, Candy, New Dresses, Suits, Egg Hunts, and of course.....EGG DYE.


While all of that stuff is great and I too will partake with my daughter in the festivities of the season-----let us not forget--- that AFTER THE EGGS we have something so much greater...............LIFE. And we have this life all because of CHRIST given his up.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. (NIV)

Everything we do this Easter season, every piece of candy, every Easter Play, every picture with that bunny - we enjoy all because of the Death, Burial and Ressurection of Jesus. Dont get me wrong, I will steal candy from my daughters basket, I will take her to get pictures made, I will watch her hunt eggs, and enjoy life -- all of that is GREAT - but I never want to forget that my lifes blessings were made possible by Calvary.

So this weekend --- After the candy, after the shopping, after the pictures, and After the last Egg is dyed ---lets remember --- that when all thats left is empty wrappers, confetti filled baskets, wrinkled new dresses, and plastic eggs......JESUS CHRIST still stands - alive in the lives and hearts of Christ-Followers all over the world!

MATTHEW 28:2-7 NKJ
2 And behold, there was a great earthquake (define earthquake); for an angel of the lord (define angel of the lord) descended from heaven (define heaven), and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it.
3 His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow (define snow).
4 And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.
5 But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.
6 "He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 "And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into galilee (define galilee); there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you."
The huge stone was moved, and the Roman seal was broken, in spite of the guards at Jesus' tomb.


After the EGGS - lets stay on the "hunt" to share the Good News of Life in Christ........lets not just remember HIM for a moment....................but live for HIM for a LIFETIME...................

"Whatever it Takes"